Alex's Weekly Update (#2)

Week 3: 3/19-1/26

       This was by far the most productive week in the entirety of the project. On Wednesday we all sat down in groups to discuss and critique each other's projects. The feedback from my group was critical but fair. I took some of their opinions into account but some were not possible. For example, I got the comment that we needed to recast Adele Leroux, one of our classmates thought that the casting of Mrs. Leroux was off, she needed to look older, and apparently Lara has a "baby face" which I thought was ridiculous then and after shooting, if we recasted her the opening would have just been horrible. In my personal opinion, Lara held the entire thing together, who knew she would be such an amazing actress? When she got serious with the scene it seemed like a different person was sitting in front of me and Lara just disappeared into the character. She is meant to be this off putting horrible character that you can tell is the main antagonist in the film, and I think Lara did an amazing job portraying that in the film. Overall, I tried to listen to our classmates opinions but they all seemed to want different things from what Lara and I had envisioned for our film, so I decided to keep what I was going with and roll with it. I am very satisfied with what we produced

       We were originally supposed to film on Friday and Saturday but the production was squeezed into one day on Friday. This was because Lara's house was free almost the entire day, this allowed us to film without any interruptions of any kind, other than ourselves messing up a lot. Speaking of which, we will try and cut together a blooper video and post it on the blog for you to see, it was so funny. This was the most fun I have had doing a project ever. The entire day Lara were brainstorming on how to make this thing better and I think we did a great job combining both of our visions into one cohesive film. By the end of the day which was around 4 pm we were tired and uncomfortable in our outfits. The trench coat and button down shirt were so annoying and uncomfortable I couldn't wait to get home and just put gym shorts on. As soon as I got home I took a two hour nap and it was amazing, but if I had to do it all over again I would, many times over.

Comments

Popular Posts