Tying the loose ends

   I only have a few more things to do before we can finally put this project to bed. My CCR needs to be recorded and edited and I need to post that and the link to the YouTube video on here. I have a few ideas on how I want the CCR to look. I want it to be like one of the video essays I frequently watch on YouTube. If you have never heard of these people I really recommend checking them out, especially if you love film. Also, if you are in a future class and reading this, definitely watch these videos, they are so informative and helped me analyze film to the point where the visual analysis essays are actually fun to write. So here, I would start with a channel called Now You See It, he analyzes certain aspects of film and really goes in depth on the subject. I love watching him and listening to how he describes the smallest things about a film. It really helped me with the essays because it opened my eyes to the most minute of details about a film. Also check out Every Frame A Painting, he talks about film also but he will take on broader subjects like a genre, or a director and this really helped me learn about the different tropes and styles in the world of cinema. Other channels I should mention are Nerdwriter and Lessons From The Screenplay, which the focus of their channels aren't on the films themselves but different aspects. Lessons from the Screenplay focuses on the writing of a movie, discussing dialogue, characters, and what the writers wrote into a screenplay that you would never see on the screen.
    Over the past couple of months I have been binge watching these videos and it has boosted my love for movies because I believe you cannot really appreciate something until you see how it's done and the intricacies of it, and this is what these channels strive to show, the background that you don't see. This is what I want to put into my CCR to show the "audience" (Mrs. Marchetti) the intricacies and background that they wouldn't normally see had they just watched the film alone. I think I will follow a similar format to these videos, in that I will have a voice over with some visuals pertaining to it. I will show some footage from Wes Anderson movies as well, to demonstrate my points on him.

Comments

Popular Posts